Monday, July 16, 2012

Singapore Food Reports



Ok so it's been almost 3 weeks in Singapore and as I'm trying out the new places, foods etc. I'll keep updating my experiences about this.

Koppitiam
My first experience with Singapore food was this common food court chain called Koppitiam. That word apparently means "food court" in Malay. That experience SUCKED. It was my first meal here and I picked terribly. I asked for anything in chicken and they gave me this version of barbecued chicken. Don't get barbecued chicken in Koppitiam.

Mee Goreng

One very very safe option to eat out anywhere is Mee Goreng. Goreng means "fried" and that's just stir fry. I didn;t like it much though. It was DOUSED in oil and spices and I don't like dishes with shredded chicken I guess.

Pataya

This was yum. I had the chicken version which is basically chicken and rice stuffed in an omelette. yummy. Need to get more of this.


Roti John
I had the chicken version was was bits of chicken mixed with egg and onions and bread dipped in that batter and shallow-fried. Very safe option which was nice for a light meal.

Tea-egg

This was just egg boiled in tea and it tasted pretty neutral. Just a boiled egg with an interesting flavour.

(can't remember name)
This was a dessert made out of shredded coconut and rice flour steamed together. It was pretty interesting. I liked it but not LOVED it. Would eat again.

Satay

So you walk down Orchard (the main shopping district) and everyone around me was eating satays which is grilled meat on skewers. Okay, one weird thing.. you can't slide the meat out. It was stuck to the stick! It came with this sweetish peanut sauce and the satay itself was a sweet n sour taste that I didn't love. I generally don't enjoy food that is slightly sweetish so I may be biased. This is very popular here so I guess it's a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment